10.07.2013

6 Days until the wedding!

As some of you know, we are nearing the October 12th date of the Gaddis/Hidenrite Wedding! We are getting married at Scatter Ridge Lodge  in the Great Smoky Mountains on Saturday at 3 pm and although we are very excited, there is an abundance of tasks and errands that must be completed before we can relax and enjoy the moment. Besides the usual wedding planning we must also make improvements to our motorhome, Harvey, and have him completely packed since we our plan is to become full-timers after we take a short trip to North Carolina for a honeymoon full of hiking as newlyweds. Unfortunately I (Brittney) have come down with my stubborn triannual cold/sinus infection that has almost completely drained all of my energy. It's proven to be difficult to make wedding decorations and pack all of my things into an RV when my body would prefer to sleep for 18+ hours a day.

On a lighter note, we splurged a little and purchased ourself a pre-wedding gift. I've been dying for my own DSLR camera for a while now and we found a deal on a Nikon 5100. Now we can take some higher quality photographs to share with you guys.
The new baby!
However, yesterday I felt quite a bit better and together with my mom Debbie, my sister Jessica, Trae and the three pups we combined efforts and were pretty productive. For my 24th birthday in August my mom bought some pretty fabric to replace Harvey's ugly old curtains with something a little more modern. I chose some off-white fabric with birds that I thought would work really nicely. She sewed some of them together yesterday. You can see them in this photo:

Fun Facts: The blankets on the fold-out couch and the Serape blanket came from Bonnaroo 2013. The Texas state flag was a gift from Brittney to Trae from South By Southwest in Austin Texas shortly after they began dating in 2011. The American Flag was attached to Harvey's ladder and waved proudly all the way from Owensboro, Kentucky to The Indiana Dunes on July 4th weekend in 2013. This was Harvey's first trip with us. :-)
Trae concentrating as he puts latches on the new cabinets.
Jessie making cute decorations for the wedding.
Wyatt lounging while we work on Harvey.


It feels like there is so much to do and so little time to do it! I can't wait to get my energy back so that I can kick it in gear and get ready for this wedding and RV trip!
--Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment